CRM Mitchell1 2021-08-27T22:04:04+00:002004 Lexus IS 300 CRM Mitchell1 2021-08-27T22:04:04+00:00
- Includes: Change engine oil and filter. Check transmission fluid level and adjust as needed. Check coolant condition and pressure check system. Check brake fluid level and condition. Check power steering fluid level and condition. Check belts; coolant, fuel, and vacuum hoses for damage/degradation. Check antenna operation (if applicable). Lube all doors and latches. Tighten door brake fasteners. Lube hood hinges and latch. Check differential fluid level. Check axle boots, CV joints, and/or U-Joints for damage. Check wheel bearings for play. Check parking brake operation. Check for fluid leaks. Check interior and exterior lights. Check wiper and washer jet operation. Check tire wear and condition. Set tire pressures to specification. Vacuum cowl. Check intake and cabin air filters. Test drive vehicle.
- Inspected all exterior lights for proper function. Found passenger low beam and 2 marker lights inoperative. Removed cover from headlight and removed bulb. Found HID bulb burnt out. Replaced with new bulb and checked headlight function. Both headlights now working properly. Removed under covers and or bumper retainers to access front driver and rear passenger marker lights. Bulbs have burnt out. Replaced with new bulbs and tested functions. All exterior lights now working properly.
- Replace wiper blades on vehicle.
- Replace cabin filter element. Reassemble filter housing and access panel.
- Inspected vehicle for noise. Found noise present at start up with HVAC on, but not with HVAC off. After a minute noise stops, but will return at times when HVAC is in auto mode. Moved controls to manual setting and noise does not return after initial startup. Cycled controls for recirculation, temp, fan speed, and mode. Found noise returned when mode selector was moved to front vents from floor. Removed glovebox assembly to access HVAC components and checked components. Found noise originating from mode door actuator. Recommend new actuator assembly. Removed mode door actuator from housing and cycled mode selector. Selector is making noise internally. Connected new selector to wiring and tested function. New part does not make noise. Installed new actuator into HVAC housing and connected control rod to mode door. Started vehicle and tested function. Mode select working properly and no further clicking/buzzing from dash. Reinstalled glovebox and trim.
- Removed engine covers and splash shield. Drained cooling system. Removed intake piping, serpentine drive belt, and radiator/fan assembly. Removed engine drive accessories and timing cover. Rotated engine to TDC. Marked pulleys and old timing belt. Removed timing belt tensioner and timing belt. Removed water pump. Cleaned mounting surface and installed new water pump assembly. Replaced coolant o-rings and reinstalled pipes/fittings. Marked new timing belt by matching to removed unit. Installed new belt and matched marks to pulleys. Installed new tensioner and tensioned belt. Rotated engine by hand to confirm proper timing, OK. Replaced thermostat and gasket during reassembly. Reinstalled radiator and fan assembly. Connected radiator hoses and fan wiring. Filled and vacuum bled cooling system with new coolant. Pressure tested system. No leaks present. Reinstalled engine accessories and installed new drive belt. Reinstalled intake piping, engine cover, and splash shield. Test started motor and let vehicle warm up. Topped off coolant and test drove vehicle. Coolant level staying steady and engine running properly.
Larry S. gave our service a 5 star review on 8/26/2021