CRM Mitchell1 2023-02-15T23:01:23+00:002017 Ford Focus CRM Mitchell1 2023-02-15T23:01:23+00:00
- Includes: Change engine oil and filter. Check transmission fluid level and adjust as needed. Check coolant condition and pressure check system. Check brake fluid level and condition. Check power steering fluid level and condition. Check belts; coolant, fuel, and vacuum hoses for damage/degradation. Check antenna operation (if applicable). Lube all doors and latches. Tighten door brake fasteners. Lube hood hinges and latch. Check differential fluid level. Check axle boots, CV joints, and/or U-Joints for damage. Check wheel bearings for play. Check parking brake operation. Check for fluid leaks. Check interior and exterior lights. Check wiper and washer jet operation. Check tire wear and condition. Set tire pressures to specification. Vacuum cowl. Check intake and cabin air filters. Test drive vehicle.
- Removed tires and rotated during brake repairs. Found lug nuts damaged and over tightened from previous services. Removed lug nuts and replaced with new OEM units. Torqued hardware to spec to avoid damage.
- Connected scan tool and checked vehicle for error codes. Noted light was not on during inspection. Found error code stored in ECU for Neutral Sensor position correlation (P08B2:00-2C). Checked live data and found no issues with signals. Cleared error codes and test drove vehicle after repairs. Check engine light did not return. If light returns, further diagnosis may be required.
- Replace engine air filter with customer supplied part.
- Replace cabin filter element. Reassemble filter housing and access panels.
- Check brake fluid for moisture and contamination. Inspect all hydraulic line and hoses. Inspect calipers and wheel cylinders. Inspect master cylinder and cap. Drain and refill entire brake system including master cylinder, calipers, wheel cylinders. Bleed system until clean fluid is seen.
- Install new battery. Clean cable ends. Perform battery adaptation to vehicle as needed.
- Replace front brake pad linings and replace front brake disc rotors. Clean and lubricate brake calipers and slide mechanisms. Check and fill brake fluid. Bleed air from system. Road test vehicle.
- Replace rear brake pads. Clean mounting surfaces. Replace wear sensor as required. Replace brake rotors. Lubricate caliper slides. Adjust parking brake mechanism. Road test vehicle.
Cale G. gave our service a 5 star review on 2/14/2023